Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I suppose it's been awhile..... Let's talk about beer

I just mentioned this blog for the first time in awhile and I guess I really have been busy.  Still drinking lots of California beers, but lots of local ones too.

From California:

Mongo Double IPA Bomber from Port Brewing is delightful!  Sometimes I see their single IPA Wipeout in bars here and there and can't resist a good draft beer. These beers have the right amount of citrus flavor with some piney notes and have struck a chord with me.

Idiot IPA from Coronado Brewing Co has hit my little North Station Liquor Store and I nearly jumped for joy.  I first found these guys at an Extreme Beer Fest and they really stood out.  They brought their Frogs Breath IPA which was really good too.  Other stand out from them are their Black Ops which is a Black Ale which still has a great hoppy character and also the Mermaids Red, mainly because I will always have a soft spot for malty American Ambers.

Local to Massaschusetts

Be Hoppy 16 oz cans are mysteriously more delicious than there 12 oz bottle counterpart.  This 6.5% alcohol IPA from Worcester, MA drinks bitter yet creamy.  I think I just like how the big can feels on my lip as it dumps the yummy brew down my throat.

Triple Dry Hopped Hoponius Union.  I have only tried one version of this, but man was it good.  A little less carbonated than the original but a little extra oomph on the back end.

Local to Maine

Maine Brewing company is a favorite for hoppy goodness too.  Peeper is the lighter version of their Pale ale stylings.  Maine lunch IPA or the more rare and sought after Maine dinner IPA always is a treat.  Although I must admit I hate drinking beer out a snifter.  Just give me a chalice or a tulip, save that snifter to pour some rum in to dump into my coffee!

Another Maine beer I have fallen for is 'The Lonely Goatherd' Maibock from Baxter.  Malty sweetness balanced w American hops balance it out beautifully.  Medium carbonation and thoroughly enjoyable.


And can't forget Troegs Brewery, by way of Hershey Pennsylvania.  Come the holiday season, Nugget Nectar appears first right around Halloween, and then the Mad Elf.  We just tapped the Mad Elf at my job.  I forget how yummy a spiced Belgian style can be.  Or how quickly 11% alcohol hits you!


No comments:

Post a Comment